Saturday, October 6, 2012

Rumah Makan Krekot d/h Kuo Thie


It's been already 10 years ago when I had lunch in this old Chinese restaurant. Rumah Makan Krekot means literally Krekot Restaurant because it is located in the Krekot area; more precisely behind Metro Pasar Baru in Central Jakarta. It is famous for their dumplings (Kuo Tie).

Nothing changes much, the decor inside the restaurant is still the same.

 Kuo Thie - Rp. 50.000
Traditional Shandong's pan fried dumplings. A bit disappointed because it didn't taste as good as I remembered. Beside the fried dumplings were fried until very dark brown and I personally prefer them on the light brown side.

Garlic sauce, Chili sauces.

Bihun Goreng - Rp. 45.000
The fried vermicelli tasted delicious just like in the old days. I even bought another portion to bring it home for my mom.

Liang Tea - Rp. 10.000

 Current Currency:
1 USD = Rp. 9.600


Location:
Rumah Makan Krekot 
d/h Kuo Thie
Jl. Krekot Bunder Raya No. 14
Pasar Baru
Central Jakarta
Tel: 384 3972 / 386 4073

Disclaimer: The review and opinion expressed here are purely according to my personal taste. There's a possibility that the taste of the food might change later on, which could affect the review and opinion here. I also affirm that no monetary or non-monetary compensation has been received from this restaurant for writing this review.

3 comments:

  1. it's been a long time since I ate here. I remembered the kuo tie as the best in Jakarta, has that changed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aris: Yup, unfortunately, it doesn't taste as good as in the old days :(

      Delete
  2. Aku pingin makan kuo thie.
    Hargaya bra skrg.
    Kgen sma krekot

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs